Welcome to CBBcat, the combined catalog of the Colby, Bates and Bowdoin College libraries. With a single search, users have access to information on print and digital holdings of the three libraries and, in the case of digital content, can link directly to full-text of articles, e-books, e-journals and streaming audios and videos. CBBCat requesting from within the catalog makes borrowing materials owned by Colby and Bates that much easier.
- Keyword and indexed field searching (e.g. author, title, subject heading, etc.)
- Pre-search limiting to the holdings of one library or a single library location and by material format (e.g. books, videos, e-books, scores, etc.)
- Limiting searches to items currently available for your use, both print and electronic
- Exporting to Endnote, Zotero, and other citation management tools
- Multi-item requesting using the “Add Marked to Bag” feature
- My List, an easy way to create customized lists of CBBcat records you can share with others
- Preferred searches, which allows you to re-run saved searches and set up email alerts
We hope this guide will help you get started using many of the key features of CBBcat, but please Ask Us if we can help you.
We look forward to adding new features to enhance your experience. Please send your comments and suggestions for improving the catalog to CBBCat Comments