- Constitution of the United States of America: Analysis and Interpretation (Senate, Library of Congress, GPO)
- Congressional Record (Library of Congress, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch)
- Member Guide for the 113th Congress (GPO)
- Congress, Sunlight Foundation
- Presidential Documents (based on the Daily Compilation of Presidential Documents) (GPO)
- Budget of the U.S. Government for FY14 (GPO)
- Plum Book (presidentially appointed positions) (GPO)
- Washington Post
- New York Times
- C-SPAN Radio
Many more apps are available.
Key Databases for Political Science and Government
Academic Search Complete 1980-
Multi-disciplinary database of both scholarly and general interest periodicals. Most articles in full text.
An archive of full-text articles from selected academic journals in many fields. Coverage begins with a title’s first issue but may not include the most recent three to five years.
ProQuest Political Science 1985-
Database covering leading political science and international relations journals. Substantial percentage of articles in full text.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts 1920-
Abstracts and indexing of the international literature of political science and international relations, along with complementary fields, including international law and public administration/policy. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from over 1,500+ serials publications and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations and working papers.
Catalog of U.S. Government Publications (CGP)
An index of official U.S. publications of all kinds--congressional hearings, agency reports and studies, statistics, and more. Coverage back to (at least) 1976; many links to full text.