All written work done fulfilling the requirements for the Honors Project is to be deposited in the College Library in a form specified by the Library Committee.
Deadline for submission to the Library is Friday, May 15, 2015 at 5PM.
- Honors Approval and Acceptance Form [.pdf]
- This needs to be signed by you, your advisor, and the Registrar before you bring your thesis to the Library.
- Requirements for Formatting and Submitting Honors Projects [.pdf]
- Tells you about paper, margins, copyright statement, deadline for submission.
- Honors Project Copying Permissions Form [.pdf]
- This gets bound into your thesis, so it has to be on acid-free paper. You have a copy on acid-free paper in the packet that the Registrar sent you.
- Honors Project Binding Order Form (For Bowdoin students only) [.pdf]
- Fill this out and bring to the Library with any printed copies you want bound for yourself.
- Honors Project Sample Title Page [.pdf]
- Shows you what the formatting looks like for your title page.
Questions regarding the submission of Honors Projects may be directed to Karen Jung, 725-3311; email@example.com
Images & Media
§ Color Images:
If the project includes any color images, tables, graphs, etc., attach an appendix which reproduces them in black & white (grayscale). This appendix may simply be labeled “Color images in black & white.” Alternatively, submit the images as JPEG or PDF files on an accompanying CD Gold disc, labeled with your name, the title of your submission, and “2014.”
If your project includes a sound recording, submit the recording as a WAV or AIFF format file on an accompanying CD Gold disc, labeled with your name, the title of your submission, the length in minutes, and “2014.”
§ Moving Images:
If your project includes moving images, submit those as low-compression files on accompanying miniDVs or DVDs, labeled with your name, the title of your submission, the length in minutes, the file format, and “2014.”
§ Labeling: Please don't write directly on the CD or DVD: attach a piece of paper with necessary information.
New this year! With your permission, we’ll take your picture when you submit your thesis. Several times each day we’ll Tweet a composite and post on Facebook to celebrate the Honors Students!